Arabic: The Language of the Quran

Toothless

The construct of manmade borders,
The construct of regions,
The construct of cultures,
The construct separation,
Of the sky that engulfs us all,
Of the oceans that consumes us all,
Call me a tribe,
Call me a nation,
Call me by various tongues,
The rhythm,
The eloquence and sharpness,
The syntax and colloquy,
Creation of different words and sentences,
Its language is storm but smooth,
Its language is a river flowing but a loud thunder,
It is broken
It is unique but truly bonding,
The warmth in each syllable,
The struggle and blood of those who talked,
Rough words,
Harsh tongues,
Yet a Honeylike flow,
Call me a tribe,
Call me a nation,
Call me by various tongues,
But watch me,
Watch me rise,
Rise from the shackles of society,
Rise from the manmade constructs,
To be my own individuality, 
To be unapologetically me.




Hira Ali

No comments

Powered by Blogger.